Tips and Guide: All You Need to Know Before and After You’ve Moved from Columbus
Getting ready to move to or from Columbus, OH? When you’re preparing to make a move—and even after—there are certain tips and tricks that can certainly make your transition much easier.
From getting started with the packing process to becoming more familiar with your new surroundings, it’s smart to make the most of your time with such a major transition.
We are here to help! Read on for some helpful hints to make your move flow more seamlessly.
Find the right moving company—and book them in advance!
Moving to Columbus? Whenever possible, your best bet for booking the moving and storage provider you desire is to do so as far in advance as possible.
- In addition to improving your chances for snagging their services on an available date, you’ll be able to rest easy knowing that such an important step in the moving process is already complete.
- Check online reviews for recent experiences with the Columbus mover you’re considering hiring for the job, in addition to reading up on their awards and any professional organizations they may belong to.
- A Columbus mover who belongs to industry-related organizations shows the company’s commitment to adhering to professional standards, and awards clearly show a particular moving provider’s ability to handle moves successfully, in addition to serving satisfied customers.
Organize your belongings before you start packing
There’s no rhyme or reason to packing up items that you don’t necessarily want or need to take to your new home.
- One of our top moving tips is to start decluttering before you begin filling up those moving boxes.
- Feeling overwhelmed? Start small. Choose one room or small area (like a closet or that medicine cabinet) to go through. Throw out anything that is broken or damaged.
- Any items that you no longer want or need that may still be in good condition are possible options for donating or selling. Making extra money to put toward your upcoming move is always a good thing!
Consider moving during an “off” season
Although many people seek to make a move during the busy summer months, especially when the move revolves around attending a certain school, more and more consumers are choosing to move during the “off season.”
- Believe it or not, moving during the fall or winter months has plenty of perks. For one, more moving companies will be available, allowing you to shop around for the services and prices you desire.
- Most moving companies also offer special deals or rates during less busy times of the year in order to drum up extra business.
- Depending on your location, moving in the cooler temperatures can make your transition much more pleasant—for you as well as your moving crew.
Get to know your new neighborhood
This is a moving tip that comes in handy both before and after your move.
- Naturally, before you choose a new home, you’ll want to check out the surrounding area, including crime statistics, school reviews (if applicable), and what your commute to work will be like.
- After you’ve moved in, take some time to really get to know your new neighborhood—and even your neighbors! Explore the sights, sounds, stores, and community offerings near your home. The sooner you start to feel more at home in your new neighborhood, the sooner you can feel more settled in overall.
Are you ready to start planning your Columbus, OH move? Call or visit https://eeward.com/ for a free move quote from E. E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. today!