The current pandemic situation has altered many areas of our lives. For the most part it’s not business as usual – people are staying home from work, school, and refraining from socializing. Moving in the midst of Coronavirus can seem scary, but it may be necessary for some moving customers. That’s why we have compiled tips for moving safely during the pandemic.
1. Choose a responsible moving company– do some research about which companies are taking COVID seriously. Ask a representative from each company you consider what their action plan is to combat the virus.
2. Consider a virtual move estimate– many moving companies have taken advantage of virtual moving companies to limit human interaction.
3. Ask about a rescheduling policy – have peace of mind about needing to change your moving date should anyone in your household fall ill.
4. Clean & disinfect– sanitize as you go along when it comes to packing. Make sure all surfaces and door knobs are clean for moving day.
5. Smile, don’t shake– avoid contact; swap out a handshake for a smile.
6. Social distance– keep at least 6 feet between you and anyone on the moving team at all times.
7. Set up a handwashing station – many movers will arrive to a job with hand sanitizer, but soap and hot water is more effective.
8. Wear a mask– this will provide an extra safety net against close contact. Don’t touch your face on moving day.
9. Prepare your new home – before you unpack any of your belongings, thoroughly sanitize your new house.
10. Act with kindness – Coronavirus has put everybody on edge. Practice effective communication with your movers to get the job done right.
Contact E.E. Ward Moving & Storage with any questions or safety concerns that may arise.