Top Ten Tips for a Successful Move- Part 2
Welcome back to the second part of E.E. Ward’s Top Ten Tips for a Successful Move. Check out the last article for the full tips. Columbus mover E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. is dedicated to providing the best moving information and experienced movers.
- Avoid large down payments. Although some movers may ask for a small “good faith” deposit to hold a date (especially during the busy summer season), be wary of carriers seeking large down payments, or payment in advance for any reason.
- Make sure all agreements between you and your mover are in writing. Make sure all agreements between you and your mover are in writing and get a copy of everything you sign, especially the most important document, called the bill of lading. Never sign any blank forms.
- Take valuables with you. Cash, coins, jewelry, photographs, and important papers should be taken with you or sent ahead separately.
- Be reachable by phone. Make sure the mover has your cell phone number and is able to reach you during your move, in case there is any unforeseen change in your delivery schedule. Be sure to have the driver’s full name, ID and truck number to allow for fast and accurate communication.
- Ask questions. If you do not understand something, ask. The moving business and has its own terminology and can be complex. If you aren’t satisfied with the answers to your questions or if the mover hesitates when you ask for clarification, talk to another carrier.
Follow us on your social media for more moving tips! Columbus mover E.E. Ward is a certified ProMover and maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Let Ward do it! (Reprinted from AMSA)