Tips for the Final Steps of Your Move!
So your hectic moving day is finally over….now what? E.E. Ward is here to help guide you through the final steps. Keep reading…you’re almost there!
Post Move Checklist:
- Fill out a post-move review for your moving company. This allows us to see where we are excelling and address any issues that may need improvement.
- Check all delivered boxes and furniture for any damaged or missing items. If there appears to be an issue, contact your moving coordinator as soon as possible.
- Clean and inspect your home for any damages caused by the move or pre-existing problems that might have been missed in earlier inspections.
- Ensure that your utilities and major appliances are up and running properly
- Begin unpacking in an organized manner by unloading the most important items first. Make sure to recycle any leftover packing materials or see if your mover will take back boxes.
- Secure your home and deter theft of your items through a security system and proper door locks.
- Make sure that you have registered your vehicle (for interstate moves), changed your address with the postal service and vital services, and found new healthcare providers and schools.
- Take time to truly settle in and greet your new neighbors. You never know when you’ll have to ask them for an emergency ingredient for a recipe!
- Take a deep breath and enjoy your new abode! You’ve survived one of the most stressful experiences in life so sit back and relax for a bit!