NorthAmerican Van Lines VP on Moving and Coronavirus
Last week Good Housekeeping published an article titled, “What You Should Know About Moving During the Coronavirus Pandemic”. In it they interviewed Kevin Murphy, vice president of NorthAmerican Moving Services on the current state of the moving industry and how to move safely given the current global pandemic.
Here are the main takeaways:
- Proceed with caution: be extra aware of your surroundings and interactions with others.
- Manage your expectations: moving day is often treated as a celebratory affair with friends and family members stopping by to help out. Limit the number of people present on moving day and be sure to practice social distancing.
- Ask questions: check in with your moving company and ask about their action plan and safety protocols
- Avoid paperwork/cash tips: request electronic documents and even a virtual move survey. Ask if it is possible to tip via credit card or through venmo.
- Settle on your unpacking process: consider unpacking on your own instead of hiring movers to do it for you to prevent unnecessary contact on your belongings.
For more information on moving and Coronavirus, check out E.E. Ward’s action plan. Be safe!