Moving Tips: Coronavirus Safety Precautions
Many parts of the country have now lifted safety orders and precautions put in place to limit the spread of the novel Coronavirus. While things may be starting to feel back to normal, it’s important to understand that the virus is still very much present in the United States. Many moving companies have implemented safety protocols on the job in response. When choosing a moving company be sure to pick one that is continuing to adhere to those safety measures, even if it may no longer be required. Check out these moving tips to help keep you safe during your upcoming move.
- Talk to your moving company: ask them what safety protocols they are enacting on the job.
- Don’t use recycled packing supplies: buy new boxes and other supplies to pack up your belongings.
- Clean as you pack: sanitize as you go so that when moving day comes around you don’t risk exposing moving crews.
- Keep your immune system strong: moving day may require some human interaction. Maintain social distancing, wear a mask, and be sure to let your moving company know if you have fallen ill.
- Disinfect your belongings after moving day: before unpacking anything, make sure to sanitize your belongings to prevent exposure risk.
- Clean your new home: disinfect your new house on move-in day.
- Avoid extra people: keep the number of people in the house on moving day to a minimum.
If you follow these moving tips you will be sure to have a safer move. Contact E.E. Ward today to voice any questions or concerns you may have. You can also read our COVID action plan here.