E.E. Ward’s Guide to Picking the Perfect Pumpkin
It is hard to believe October is already just around the corner. The weather is cooling down and the thoughts of Halloween decorations are creeping in. No house can be without a couple of pumpkins guarding the front porch. Picking the right pumpkin can be a challenge that is difficult to come out on top. If only pumpkins could grow in a perfectly symmetrical shape, but there is no need to worry. Your trusted Columbus movers have the insight that you need to bring home a pumpkin you are proud of.
Be clear on what you are wanting the pumpkin for. There are all different kinds of uses and each have a certain pumpkin that is right for it.
- If Carving a face in the pumpkin is your motive, look for one that is flat with shallow crevices. The firmer the pumpkin, the easier it is to accomplish minor details.
- When Cooking a pumpkin, you must be careful for the quality of the seeds can be different. Pumpkins that are between 4 and 8 pounds are prime for cooking. They have higher sugar content, in addition to it being smoother and less stringy.
- Picking a pumpkin for Display is a bit easier than the two before this. It depends on what the occasion is for. If you are looking for a spooky feel, pick pumpkins of all different sizes; make sure it has warts and other distortions. The Chirimen pumpkin, see figure one, is always a favorite for just this type of occasion. If you want to use them for decorations, do not be afraid to branch out on the type of pumpkin. Click the proved link and check out interesting and pretty decorated pumpkins.
When picking your perfect pumpkin, make sure you do not overspend while purchasing it. Below are some simple and painless tips to keep you from paying too much money on pumpkins.
- Be sure to stay on top of everything. The more you wait to purchase the pumpkins, the lower the number of pumpkins left. There will always be enough pumpkins for everyone, just not the ones you were hoping for.
- Choose a head of time the amount you are willing to spend, and bring just that in cash as you go shopping. This will help you stay within your original price range. It can be easy to pay more for something when all you have to do is swipe a card.
- Decide before going, how many pumpkins you want to purchase. This goes hand in hand with tip #2; the more detailed requirements you come up with, the better chance you will pay less.
- It does not matter if you are going with a loved one, your children, or alone; make sure it is known how many are allowed to be bought. Otherwise a lot of pumpkins will be the perfect one and buying them all is the solution.
- Spend the same amount on each of your kids. This will not necessarily save you money. But if you pay equally for all, you most definitely will be saving yourself from a headache.
Pumpkin picking is a fun way to spend your day; may that be with your significant other, family or alone. Picking the perfect pumpkin can be difficult and a common source for buyer’s remorse. There are many different types of pumpkins you can use for different scenarios. The best way to tell if you had a successful day of picking; is dependent on how much fun you had. In the end, that is what pumpkin picking is all about.