E.E. Ward Sharing Interesting Moving Statistics
Columbus mover E.E. Ward is here to provide excellent relocation services to every demographic. Based upon recent data provided by the U.S. Census Bureau, we would like to share these fun facts with you:
- Every year, 1 in 9 Americans move.
- New job or job transfers were the greatest job-related reason for moving at 9.7 percent.
- Movement to the suburbs continues– The suburbs had a net gain of 2.2 million moves, while principal cities had a net loss of 1.7 million.
- Renters continued to move at high rates– Of all people living in renter-occupied housing units, 24.5 percent lived elsewhere one-year prior. The mover rate of all people living in owner-occupied housing units was 5.0 percent.
- The migration rate of adults ages 18-34 declined by 1.4 percentage points, while the rate for older adults stayed relatively steady.
- Females 18 to 24 years old had a higher rate of migration than males of the same age- (32.4 percent compared with 29.8 percent), but among 25- to 29-year-olds and 30- to 34-year-olds, the pattern reversed, and males were more likely to migrate than females (29.5 percent compared with 28.6 percent, and 22.5 percent compared with 20.4 percent, respectively).
- Non-Hispanics were more likely to migrate than Hispanics. This is especially apparent in the 18- to 24-year-old age group, where 32.9 percent of non-Hispanics migrated in the last year compared with 24.2 percent of Hispanics.
- Employed individuals were least likely to move. Compared with other young adults, those ages 30 to 34 who were employed had the lowest migration rate (20.1 percent).
All of us at E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. are trustees of a tradition established when our company was founded in 1881. It is our responsibility to uphold and build on this heritage by providing our customers with an unmatched sense of comfort and security when relocating and storing their possessions. E.E. Ward continually strives to increase the level of quality and service provided to local and national customers. The Ward standard is excellence; we accept nothing less.
Source from: the U.S. Census Bureau