E.E. Ward Produces “Essential Eight” List of Pre Move Tips
When moving comes to mind, most people seem to imagine all of the manual labor involved such as organizing, packing, and labeling. This isn’t exactly the mental image to have, what some people fail to realize is that there is a lot of baggage that come along with moving, this is why choosing to move is such a substantial decision. They fail to realize that there are many steps that must be taken before the move can even occur. This is why E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. has generated an “Essential Eight” list of things you must complete prior to your move.
- Research and hire movers between 4-6 weeks before desired moving date.
- Go to your local post office to complete and submit a change of address form 2-4 weeks prior to move.
- Inform your utilities services 2 weeks before your move to schedule both homes.
- Old House – Turned off day after you move
- New House – Turned a few days before your move
- Contract a locksmith to change locks of new home prior to, or day of the move.
- Notify creditors and financial institutes of address change.
- Defrost refrigerator 1-2 days before the move.
- Empty both gas and oil from lawn mower and any other yard items.
- Withdraw cash for unexpected moving expenses