E.E. Ward Explores Fun in Columbus – German Village
Are you planning to move to Columbus? Want to know what is fun in Columbus? As a certified mover in Columbus, Ohio, E.E. Ward would like to explore what this multi-cultural city could offer you. Best known as a historic neighborhood in south of downtown Columbus, German Village is one of the most diverse landmarks. It was settled largely by German immigrants in the mid-1800s. In the community, houses were constructed in typical German architecture style, streets were paved with traditional bricks, and people care very much about maintaining their quality of life. With traditional German events, German Village takes the German experience beyond their architecture and transforms you into your own piece of Germany.
- Schmidt’s Restaurant is the culmination of five generations of the Schmidt family working to bring real German food and authentic German hospitality to the community. It offers some of the most original and delicious German dinners with beautiful banquet haus upstairs and live German music.
- Pistacia Vera is one of the best coffee and bakery shops in the town. They specialize in classic European technique along with over 60 seasonal pastries and confections in their menu. Each item is made by-hand with exceptional care.
- Franklin Art Glass Studios is recognized as one of the world’s largest and highly respected creators of stained glass. It possesses the skills and knowledge to complete virtually any glass project, including original design, fabrication and preservation.
- Feature Events-
- German Village Garten Club Garten Markt – Coming in May 9, 2015
- Garten Markt will feature exotic succulents, connoisseur perennials and annuals, herbs, tropical blooming plants, and lush hanging baskets and planters. In addition, GartenMarkt will have unique decorative items for your garden including stone carvings, iron plant stands and bird houses. Enjoy shopping for unique plants and garden décor with your friends and neighbors.
- Haus und Garten Tour – Coming in June 28, 2015
- Every last Sunday of June, German Village opens its doors and garden gates for the German Village Society’s annual Haus und Garten Tour. Visitors are welcome to flood the Village for the day-long celebration of renowned designs, enchanting gardens and award-winning restorations.