E.E. Ward Explains How to Move in the Winter
We are currently in the midst of a cold Winter with still some time until Spring. Moving in low temperatures comes with a new set of expectations. Complications such as snow, hail, and ice are quite possible and something to be prepared for. Your Columbus mover wants to help you overcome said obstacles and safely move into your new place. E.E. Ward Moving & Storage is happy to provide you with our Winter Moving tips.
- Shovel driveway and walkways for you and the movers: Nobody wants to trudge through the snow while carrying heavy items. Doing so can increase the chance of an accident.
- Clear and salt the driveway and walkways to remove snow and ice: Make sure to have all paths clear of slipping danger.
- We cover the floors: E.E. Ward driver and crew will cover your carpets and floors with cardboard and quilts to ensure they remain clean and unspoiled.
- Be sure to know your moving company’s weather plans: E.E. Ward abides by the county rules regarding snow emergencies. A level 3 will require rescheduling the move date.
- Reinforce moving boxes: Be mindful of the weather conditions and the sturdiness of your packing materials. Reinforcing your moving boxes is important when it comes to protecting it from water damage.
- Stay warm!!
Moving in the Winter comes with it’s own set of troubles that you would not expect during the other seasons. That being said, all one has to do is follow up with some extra precautions. E.E. Ward’s above six tips are exactly what is needed to ensure a safe and damageless move. Stay tuned for the next installment providing tips on making the moving in process, during Winter, issue free.