Columbus Movers Tips and Tricks for a Rainy Day Move
After many cold winter months, spring is finally upon us! The warmer days are what we have all been waiting for, but everyone knows that with spring comes many rainy days. However, people still have to move during the spring, even if it is pouring cats and dogs outside. E.E. Ward is proud to present our tips and advice for moving during the wet spring weather!
- Protect your belongings: Loose items are more likely to become damaged in your move, especially during bad weather. Make sure that all your items are packed up and taped in a box, and chances are, everything will make it to your new destination completely undamaged.
- Prepare your current and new home: The movers will have all the tools to keep your items and home safe, but it is always a good idea to have some extra towels, rags, or blankets lying around to help with the wetness and dirt that could be brought into the home.
- Wear the appropriate clothes: If it’s raining on the day of your move, make sure to set aside an outfit that will not be completely ruined. Rain boots, rain jackets, and even ponchos would be a smart choice!
- Indoor and outdoor crew: Ask the movers if it is possible for them to have some movers designated for the inside, and others for the outside. This will prevent the bad weather from entering your house.
- Mark your items- If you have items that are extremely susceptible to water damage, make sure to mark them and the boxes they are in. The movers will take extra caution when moving those items.
We hope these tips will help you get through your rainy-day move. Don’t let the rain ruin your exciting journey to your new home!