Baby, It’s Warm Outside
If you are reading this today, look at your thermometers. Right now, do it, then come back. I’ll wait….
Okay, are you back, good. The heat index today has it at get this 112 DEGREES!!!
|Sadly, this is what the boys in the warehouse are doing when they come back into the office. Thank goodness for air conditioning.|
If you too are having to beat the heat. Do not worry, because E.E. Ward has you covered. We have scowered the internet looking for tips to stay cool today, and here are the best seven we could find:
- Close the curtains and blinds in your house, so that the heat from outside will not come to the inside. This can reduce indoor heat as much as 45 percent according to the U.S. department of energy
- Have a squirt bottle handy with cold water so you can spray yourself with cool water when you feel extremely hot
- Turn off all electronics if you are not using them, because they give off heat
- Run a fan in any room you are in even if you are running the air conditioning.
- Read a book set in a cold place or set during the wintertime, because reading about the cold can take your mind off of the heat
- An oven can raise temperatures in a room by as much as 2 to 5 percent, so if you are cooking tonight, please use the microwave or an outdoor grill to make your house
- Do not stay outside without water or something that can help hydrate you
Now that we have given you some tips, maybe you have some of your own. Please post in our comment section your tips to stay cool on this hot summer day.