4 Week Pre-Move Checklist
If you’ve found yourself preparing for a move, but aren’t quite sure what you should be doing ahead of time, E.E. Ward is here to help! Our moving services and pre-move checklist can help to make your move a stress free one.
Things to Do 4 Weeks Before Your Move:
- Complete an IRS change of address form
- If you intend to pack any items on your own, purchase essential supplies and boxes from your mover.
- When packing your own items, keep in mind that insurance coverage for any self-packed items broken in transport often depends on the integrity of the box. Therefore, try to pack non-breakables and heavy items such as blankets and exercise weights. Check with your specific mover for their tips on personal packing.
- Contact your utility companies to disconnect service at your old house and connect at your new address. Keep in mind that you will need utilities connected at your current residence throughout move in day so choose a date right after the move to transfer or end services.
- Make travel plans as needed (flights, hotels etc.) and arrange any special transport that you will need for pets or plants. However, do not make travel plans for the day you are moving out, because house closings often get delayed or other unexpected situations arise.