10 Tips for Long Distance Moving
Long distance moving requires extensive planning in order to be successful. Luckily, here at E.E. Ward we have collected up the best tips for you in order to keep you on track with the planning and preparation process.
- Don’t hesitate – as soon as you know you’re moving you are going to want to start doing your planning research. Long distance moving can be complicated, so start your homework early. Read plenty of moving company reviews and information about your new town or city.
- Get several moving estimates – never settle on the first moving quote you receive. Shop around and make sure you’re getting the best rate for the highest quality service.
- Hire a well-known and reliable moving company – stay away from companies with bad reputations or that are lacking credentials.
- Create a packing schedule and stay on it – packing won’t be as stressful if you do it little by little.
- Pack smart – remember that your belongings are going on a long journey across many miles. Make sure all of your items are secure and protected.
- Sort belongings – moving is a great opportunity to get rid of unwanted belongings. Donate, sell, or throw away items that you no longer wish to keep.
- Prioritize items that you will need – don’t pack away anything that you will need in the days before moving day, or items that you will want to keep with you on hand. Set aside a travel essential bag to keep along with you.
- Label, label, label – put your name on each box and clearly write the contents found in each and which room of the new house they will be going to.
- Let the professionals do their job – don’t attempt to carry or move heavy furniture or appliances – that’s what the movers are for!
- Get excited – long distance moving is a very exciting endeavor. You can look forward to exploring your new community and settling into your new home.
For all of your long distance moving needs you can call E.E. Ward Moving & Storage.