1 Week Pre-Move Checklist
If you’ve found yourself preparing for a move, but aren’t quite sure what you should be doing ahead of time, E.E. Ward is here to help! Our moving services and pre-move checklist can help to make your move a stress free one.
Things To Do 1 Week Before Your Move:
- Speak with your moving coordinator about any last minute details and give your moving company (hopefully E.E. Ward!) your itinerary and emergency contact numbers.
- Confirm the arrival time of the moving van and ensure that parking for it will be readily available.
- Place items not intended for transport in a safe and well-labeled place.
- Pack a box of personal items that will be needed immediately at your new residence. Keep this box in your car or load it onto the moving truck last.
- Disconnect major appliances and prepare them for the move. This includes defrosting and wiping out your refrigerator.
- Drain oil and gas from power equipment such as lawn mowers and remove ink cartridges from printers.
- Notify your moving company of large specialty items that might require additional servicing and packaging such as pendulum clocks, pool tables, hot tubs, and large screen TVs.